Google Authenticator is a trust-worthy tool that generates 2-Step Verification codes on your digital devices.
To be more specific, 2-Step Verification ensures stronger security for your Google Account by asking users to complete the second step of verification when they sign in. Except for entering your password, verification code is also needed by the Google Authenticator app.
More information about 2-Step Verification: https://g.co/2step
Uninstall the app:
1. Go to Settings menu;
2. Choose Apps or Application manager;
3. Touch the app you want to remove;
4. Press Uninstall.
- Without any data connection, GA generate verification codes at ease
- GA is collaborating with many providers and accounts
- Dark theme is now available
- QR code setup
- Transfer accounts between devices using QR code
App requirements/ To use Google Authenticator on your Android device, you need:
Android version 4.4 and up
To turn on 2-Step Verification
Permission notice: Camera is required to add accounts using QR codes
How to Set up Google Authenticator
- On your device, go to your Google Account.
- At the top, in the navigation panel, tap Security.
- Under "Signing in to Google," tap 2-Step Verification. You might need to sign in.
- In the "Add more second steps to verify it’s you" section, under the "Authenticator app," tap Set up.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
If your code is incorrect, confirm:
- You entered the code before it expired.
- The time on your device is correct for your local time zone.
If your code is still incorrect, sync your Android device:
- On your Android device, open the Google Authenticator app Authenticator.
- In the top right, click More and then Time correction for codes and then Sync Now.
- On the next screen, the app verifies the time is synced. You can use your verification codes to sign in.
- The sync only changes the internal time of your Google Authenticator app. Your device’s Date & Time settings won’t change.
Enroll in our beta program! Follow this link for an early preview of our latest updates: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.azure.authenticator
1. All content is original. The copyright of all app reviews and images belongs to our editorial team, copying without attribution is forbidden.
3. We guarantee the security of apk files downloaded from our site and also provide the official download link at Google Play Store.
Besides, the app you're reading right now:
1. is a mobile app;
2. will not change any system settings on your phone.Detail